Re: Proposal: adding CSS to hypermail

From: <jose.kahan_at_w3.org_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 17:12:33 +0100 (MET)

Hello Kent,

In our previous episode, Kent Landfield said:

> Interesting. This should not be too big a deal to do as you seem to be
> just adding to options. What about the default, non-CSS uses ? Will the
> formating that's there be generally the same if no external CSS support
> is available or enabled ?

Yep, it was just two new options and adding two new printf where we print the header + changing one paramenter in that function (I think it's print_main_header) so that we can distinguish between index and message CSS. It's working ok, but I haven't committed it yet, due to lack of time until Wed. morning.

Non css-users won't see any of the special style, just the plain one that results from the standard interpretation of an HTML file and any hard-coded style that it contains (e.g., <BODY ...>. CSS is designed to degrade gracefully :)

> No objection here as long as it generally appears the same if CSS is not
> enabled.

Yep, that's what it does, you get the same thing as today (I didn't change anything else :)

Thanks for the go-ahead.

-Jose Received on Mon 20 Dec 1999 06:13:02 PM GMT