Alternative archive Makefile

From: Bernhard Reiter <bernhard_at_intevation.de_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 22:59:13 +0200

Hi hypermailers,

Have you ever wondered about the Strukture of the Make Prozess in hypermail's src/archive directory?

Have you battled the lines of the Makefile there for each mailinglist and have you fought the #definite structures in lists.h?

Did you create endless configuration files for the lists and just wanted to be done?

        Not anymore more for GNU make users!

(As this is not a real solution [tm], it might work for people using GNU make and it works for me. Why not for you? (Again this contribution was done and submitted about a year ago, but I thought I resubmit it, so that people see the choise.))

Just relace Makefile.in and lists.h.
For the FURTHER_OPTION trick you have to apply the patch.

Note that the LIST_listname constant in lists.h has to match the name of the mailinglist as given in the Makefile. (This is a lot easier as in the previous scheme.)

One pitfall: If your listname contains a dash, like in "good-list" the constant will have an underscore there and look like "LIST_good_list" then.

Regards,

        Bernhard

The FreeGIS Project				            (freegis.org)