[hypermail] New task on sourceforge.

From: Nicolas Noble <Pixel_at_the-babel-tower.nobis.phear.org_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 19:09:44 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

I've added a new task on the sourceforge project:

removing the non-html references from lang.{c,h}

Implementing the gnu gettext after that will be another task then.

Perhaps we could imagine another task after that too: Creating a 'on-the-fly' conversion of non-ascii characters. I mean that a string with some specifical characters from a language has to be converted. For example, if you want to wish a 'Merry Chrismas' in french, you have to write this in HTML:

Joyeux No&euml;l

but this is very ugly to read and/or write. Of course, nowadays the browsers will accept strings with non-ascii characters, but it's not w3 compilent.

Well this is only a suggestion ;)

However, about the 'removing non-html strings'-task, I've assigned myself into this task and I don't think this will be very difficult.

Regards,