Re: [hypermail] strange problem with koi8 subjects

From: Dmitry Melekhov <dm_at_belkam.com_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 12:09:06 +0400

> On Thu, 25 Jan 2001, Dmitry Melekhov wrote:
>
> > But there is strange problem with subjects- they are truncated if in
> > coded koi8- τΕΣΤ (Test) looks in Hypermail like τΕΣ (Tes). Is there any
> > way to solve this problem?
>
> The MIME decoder in hypermail is far from complete. I would say that you
> would need to get a debugger, read the code and see what can be done to
> improve it.

I see. But right now I have no time for this work :(( May be there are people who solved this problem?

btw, there is also problem with attachments- if file has russian name hypermail replace it with ______

> I wrote it, I've never tried it with anything but iso-8859-1
> characters/codes. I think we all would appriciate some help with that part
> from someone that actually use some "exotic" character set.
>
> > And another question- is it possible to have message recoding in
> > hypermail, i.e. if message charset is win1251 translate it to koi8?
>
> No. However that is another feature I think would be very nice for
hypermail
> to do, so if you're up to implementing it, I think I can speak for more
than
> just me when I say that we'd appriciate it.

Oh! This is very interesting work, but time .....

Thank you!

Dmitry Melekhov
http://www.belkam.com/~dm
2:5050/11.23_at_fidonet Received on Fri 26 Jan 2001 10:12:21 AM GMT