Re: [hypermail] Variable referencing the page to itself

From: Akis Karnouskos <akis_at_ceid.upatras.gr_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2001 16:26:31 +0100

Hi,

the %f gives the filename of the document AND its relative path where it resides on the server.
In my case that relative path differs from the path that the file is accessed via the web.

I just hacked a part in the print.c file and I have now what I wanted.

In any future releases it would be nice to have 2 more parameters: 1) a SERVER_PATH showing the www path where the page resides and 2) a FILENAME showing only the name of the file

e.g.
http://myserver.com/~akis/mypage.html
SERVER_PATH=http://myserver.com/~akis/
FILENAME=mypage.html

This is usefull if you want to pass within the page's html code a reference of this page to another server.
e.g. I could have within the page a link to http://babelfish.altavista.com/ with parameter my page
in order to provide an alternative view (an attempt of it) of my page to another language.

I hope this brought some new ideas to the table...

Regards,
akis