[hypermail] Re-threading an archive

From: Roderick Bloem <roderick.bloem_at_colorado.edu_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 11:07:52 -0700

Hi,

Some of the messages in our mail archive have gotten threaded incorrectly. I would like to correct that problem. If I edit index.html by hand, things revert back to the way they were the first time new mail comes in.

How can I tell hypermail to show the threading of existing messages in the archive differently? How can I get it to regenerate index.html without adding a new message?

A bit of background: we use the archive to track bugs. Somebody enters a bug report on a subject line that starts with "BUG REPORT:". When the bug is fixed, the fixer replies to the first message, but changes the subject line to start with "BUG FIXED:". Hypermail does not thread such messages if the reply is done using the web interface. Furthermore, it does thread messages with the same subject line, even if they are unrelated. Maybe we are just abusing Hypermail for something it is not meant for...

Thanks for your help,

Roderick Bloem Received on Thu 29 Mar 2001 08:11:26 PM GMT