Re: [hypermail] Problems compiling Hypermail on three different platoforms

From: Peter Becker <pbecker_at_meganesia.int.gu.edu.au_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2001 14:03:52 +1000

Peter C. McCluskey wrote:

> pbecker_at_meganesia.int.gu.edu.au (Peter Becker) writes:
>

>> #line 183 "getdate.y"
>> typedef union {
>> int Number;
>> enum _MERIDIAN Meridian;
>> } YYSTYPE;
>> #include <stdio.h>

>> be found via http://meganesia.int.gu.edu.au/~pbecker/bison.simple --

> Your bison.simple differs from the one on my system. This line seems
> to cause the problem:
>
> 285c285
> < YYSTYPE yyval; /* the variable used to return */
> ---
>
>>   YYSTYPE yyval=0;            /*  the variable used to return         */

> That "=0" is inconsistent with the union. The getdate.py code that generates
> the union looks like it has probably been used in many programs, so I'm
> guessing that your bison.simple should be considered wrong.
> Has anyone else seen a bison.simple like this?
> Removing the =0 from your bison.simple or the equivalent line of getdate.c
> should fix the problem.

I thought so and it really helps -- but only after a 'make clean', which I didn't do the last time when I tried it. Does anyone know why it needs the 'make clean' although the error is in the bison file?

Now I have to figure out why it is different. What version of bison do you have? Can you sent me your bison.simple or the full diff?

Thanks,

   Peter Received on Mon 16 Apr 2001 02:57:47 AM GMT