[hypermail] filtering input

From: Peter C. McCluskey <pcm_at_rahul.net_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 11:30:14 -0700 (PDT)

 I recently noticed that suggestions are accumulating on http://www.hypermail.org/cgi-bin/hmsuggest, and some of them have led me to think about adding options to filter the messages that hypermail converts.  My tentative thought is to have the filter options work a lot like the "deleted" option, i.e. have CFG_LIST-style options:

filter_out = To: .*foo.com
filter_require = To: .*foo.com

 where any message with a header that matches a filter_out line, or doesn't have a header matching a filter_require line, would be deleted using the same rules as with the delete option (but with a slightly different message left in the stub files for delete_level values which leave stub files).
 Does this sound like a good approach?

Peter McCluskey          | Fed up with democracy's problems? Examine Futarchy:
http://www.rahul.net/pcm | http://hanson.gmu.edu/futarchy.pdf or .ps