[hypermail] Problem with 'make' and Hypermail 2.1.1

From: <leslie_ward_at_atl.hp.com_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 09:32:02 -0400

I'm no programmer, so please forgive me if I omit some important information; just ask me for whatever may be lacking and I'll find out.

I'm trying to install Hypermail for the first time, on an HP-UX 10.20 box. I've run configure, and when I run make, I get the following errors:

<...>

        cc  -c -g -Ae   finelink.c
        cc  -c -g -Ae   txt2html.c
        cc  -c -g -Ae   search.c

cc: "search.c", line 212: warning 604: Pointers are not assignment-compatible.
cc: "search.c", line 212: warning 563: Argument #1 is not the correct type.
cc: "search.c", line 246: warning 604: Pointers are not assignment-compatible.
cc: "search.c", line 246: warning 563: Argument #1 is not the correct type.
        cc  -c -g -Ae   quotes.c
        cc  -o hypermail -g -Ae     base64.o date.o domains.o file.o
hypermail.o
 lang.o lock.o mem.o parse.o print.o printfile.o string.o struct.o uudecode.o m
printf.o dmatch.o setup.o threadprint.o getdate.o getname.o finelink.o txt2html.
o search.o quotes.o
/usr/ccs/bin/ld: Unsatisfied symbols:

   trio_snprintf (code)
   trio_asprintf (code)
*** Error exit code 1

Stop.
*** Error exit code 1

Stop.

Now, I think the warnings about search.c are just warnings but that I can safely ignore them (is that right?). I have the latest version of search.c from the CVS; it is version 1.6

The "/usr/ccs/bin/ld: Unsatisfied symbols:" error obviously has to be fixed if I am to get Hypermail installed. I've been able to determine /usr/cc/sbin/ld has to do with linking and that this type of error on HPUX is usually due to a library not being found. I'm guessing it's a trio library.

I can't find trio_snprintf (or trio, for that matter) anywhere but in the string.c file; it isn't in any header files that I can determine.

Do I need to install Trio and if so, where do I get it?

Again, please ask for more info; I'm sure my problem description is somewhat lacking.

Leslie Received on Mon 07 May 2001 03:37:52 PM GMT