Re: [hypermail] HM_DISCARD_DUP_MSGIDS

From: Scott Rose <srose_at_direct.ca_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2001 07:27:57 -0700

As far as I can see, this is broken and has been broken since at least late betas of 2.0. The environment variables are read in a function called setup.c:PreConfig(). That function doesn't handle integers in environment variables properly- setting any value in the envar will cause the address of the string to be stored instead of the value of the integer being scanned out of the string:
        defval = getenv(name);
        switch (cfg[i].flags) {
        case CFG_INTEGER:
            *(int *)cfg[i].value = (int)defval;
            break;

Seems like a sscanf() is indicated here. I think your choices are to hack the code or, more simply, to use a config file. Received on Sun 24 Jun 2001 04:33:50 PM GMT