Re: [hypermail] Why hypermail don't handle html in this message?

From: Peter C. McCluskey <pcm_at_rahul.net_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 13:57:29 -0800 (PST)

 daniel_at_haxx.se (Daniel Stenberg) writes:
>The text/plain is always "preferred" so that it would first pick that type as
>the one to show, and then as the code advanced further to other types, each
>type is checked if that is preferred and then it is meant to pick the last
>one said to be preferred.

 It sounds like the code is probably not working as intended.  Did you intend that the last type listed in the prefered_types option list should be the most preferred? It would work that way if the ">" on line 116 of parse.c were changed to "<". That change would be an easy way to make the prefered_types option useful for messages that include a text/plain type. It's unclear to me whether it would alter any behavior that people are currently relying upon.

Peter McCluskey | Free Dmitry Sklyarov! http://www.freesklyarov.org/ http://www.rahul.net/pcm | Received on Sat 03 Nov 2001 12:01:30 AM GMT