Re: R: [hypermail] Why hypermail don't handle html in this message?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 23:05:57 +0100 (MET)

On Fri, 2 Nov 2001, Alessandro Staltari wrote:

> I don't know what RFCs say, but even if I agree text/plain should be always
> preferred, I'd like test/html parts do not be discarded but saved as
> attachment.
> I'm surprised because the way hypermail discards part of the message.
>
> What do you think about this?

I'm not surprised, 'alternatives' are just that: alternatives. I've never seen any point in storing all versions of the same text. They're not "attachments" in the same sense "true" attachments are.

I don't think it would be very hard to change hypermail to enable this feature though.

--
      Daniel Stenberg - http://daniel.haxx.se - +46-705-44 31 77