[hypermail] Sorting

From: Bela Gazdy <bela_at_bluedog.cc.emory.edu_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 10:57:04 -0500

As I understand, sorting is done by arrival date, which is, most of the time, a pretty good method.
There is one reference clock, and all others are irrelevant; However, in certain situations, such
as when the receiving machine and/or hypermail is down for a periode of time, or, in case of
mailing lists, the list server is down, there is no guarantee that a 'reply' would not arrive before the
original when services restored.

Would it be too hard to make a config option available to tell hypermail to sort using, say, the date
obtained from the last "Received: from" header line ? I know, this could result in even worse indexes,
but at least then we could make a more informed decision.

It's a minor issue, even for me, an otherwise happy hypemail camper. Thanx: -Bela Received on Tue 12 Mar 2002 06:22:51 PM GMT