[hypermail] hypermail-2.1.4

From: Saverio Perugini <sperugin_at_csgrad.cs.vt.edu_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 14:53:20 -0500 (EST)

Hello,

I recently downloaded hypermail-2.1.4.tar.gz and attempted to compile it in my user account on the following machine

$ uname -a

OSF1 csgrad.cs.vt.edu V4.0 1530 alpha

$ ./configure

terminated successfully when run from the hypermail-2.1.4/ directory.

I ran

$ make

from the hypermail-2.1.4/ directory and received the following error:

gcc -c -g -O2 -Ipcre trionan.c
trionan.c:91: #error "Must be compiled with option -mieee" *** Exit 1
Stop.
*** Exit 1
Stop.

I went to the src/ directory and successfully compiled trionan.c manually with the -mieee option as indicated as follows:

$ gcc -c -g -O2 -Ipcre -mieee trionan.c

I then re-ran make from the hypermail-2.1.4/ directory

$ make

and it terminated successfully. However I had problems testing Hypermail with testhm

I copied a mailbox to a local file named "testmail" in the tests/ directory and executed

$ sh ./testhm

and received the following error:

HYPERMAIL=../src/hypermail
LABEL=I B TeStInG List
ABOUT=../
TESTMAIL=testmail

+ test_configuration_file_with_mailbox_usage
+ cleanup_testdir
+ [ -d testdir ]
+ ../src/hypermail -c test.rc -m testmail
path: test.rc
WARNING: locale "en_US", not supported.
 Creating directory "testdir", mode 755. Reading old headers...
Reading old headers...

   0 messages.
   0 messages.
hypermail: Ran out of memory!
+ exit 1

Has any one seen this error before and know how to fix it? Has any one successfully installed Hypermail on an Alpha.

Thank You and Best Regards,

Saverio Perugini Received on Thu 28 Mar 2002 09:58:38 PM GMT