Re: [hypermail] Strange request for Hypermail!

From: G G PAPAZOGLOU <grp_at_med.uoc.gr_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 23:27:21 -0400

Sounds OK, if you want to add a more general feature. Yet I don't see the need for such a complex development if you have in mind such a simple issue as mine. In my case for example, it would be enough for me if a simple text file is created by Hypermail containing the stuff I request each time it is executed. I wouldn't want it to require more resources or bandwidth. Also, I don't particularly like something as general as 'executing external commands'. If I wanted something so general I could start looking how to do the whole thing using a Perl script. I believe the purpose here is ease of administration.

And, as far as another issue that occured in my network is concerned, you should examine the case that someone would want to use Hypermail in a different machine than the one acting as a mail server. I had to develop a whole series of scripts to achieve this.

Hope I've been helpful.
Keep up the good work!

Greg

Web-based E-mail Service

(C) 2002
University of Crete - School of Medicine Computing Service

http://webmail.med.uoc.gr Received on Fri 14 Jun 2002 10:32:18 PM GMT