Re: [hypermail] Patch for Hypermail

From: Carlos Martín Ugalde <carlos_at_scouts-es.org_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: 19 Jun 2002 11:30:39 +0200

Hi

It is true that the HTML element <center> and the atibute align are deprecated since W3C REC-html40-19980424 The main priblem is how browsers imprement div.center {text-align: center}It is suposed to act exactly like element <center> and atibute align, but the experience tells me that this is not true. Of course this could be considered as a bug of some browsere, but as we cant solve that problem, what we can do is use this deprecated elementes. This is atmeted when using the loose.dtd To do this, you only have to put at the top of the HTML file this:

              "http://www.w3.org/tr/REC-html40/loose.dtd">

I agree with the idea that dis is not the best solution, but is a good one if we want to see hypermail web pages looking nice in all web browsers :-)

Carlos Martín Ugalde