[hypermail] [hypermail-dev] hypermail dies

From: Myke Olson <myke.olson_at_cnn.com_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 13:28:09 -0500

I've experienced hypermail dying on several occassions when handling very large mailbox files (~250MB). Problems occurs under 2.1.4 and 2.1.5 on Solaris 8.

In order to work around the problem, I am able to go through the mailbox file and remove the message that hypermail dies on. Running it again, it will get past that message, but then die at another one...usually in the middle of outputting the author.html file. The messages do not look obviously corrupt, although they may not contain a Message-ID: header...

The most recent time it did this, it dumped core, so I have a file that I can send you.

I have also submitted this as a bug through SourceForge. Let me know what else I can do to help diagnose this problem.

Myke Olson

--
   ~ ~ ~           myke olson, enterprise systems           ~ ~ ~
          myke_at_web.turner.com         http://www.CNN.com/