Re: [hypermail] Does anyone use mail.c

From: Peter C. McCluskey <pcm_at_rahul.net_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 10:02:27 -0800 (PST)

 root_at_hypermail.org (root) writes:
>Hypermail has had a utility name mail that is installed in the cgi-bin
>directory since the beginning. I personally do not use it due to the
>issues listed below. I am not sure why it is still in the baseline.

 My reasons for not removing it when I became aware of those issues and added the warnings are:

  1. the probable absence of people who will say "I'm using it" in response to a message on this list won't tell us much about whether there are people using it, since a large fraction of Hypermail users probably ignore this list.
  2. there's a slight chance that there are people using it who would install the disabled version if it's built by default, but if it's not built would continue using the old version without realizing the risks. --
    Peter McCluskey | http://www.rahul.net/pcm |