Re: [hypermail] Does anyone use mail.c

From: Peter C. McCluskey <pcm_at_rahul.net_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 14:43:51 -0800 (PST)

 kent_at_hypermail.org (kent landfield) writes:
>Peter C. McCluskey writes:
>> If you're worried about maintaining the code in mail.c, I'd suggest a
>> simple way to eliminate the need for further maintainence would be to
>> reduce the program to a main that just contains a printf.
>
>Then what's the difference of simply putting it in a README with a
>notice that comes up during the latter part of the build that states

 The 2 disadvantages of putting it only in the README are that there's no reason to think everyone will read the README, and it will mean we will probably feel obligated to make the warning in the README more verbose, which would make it harder for people to find other info they want.
 Are there any advantages?

Peter McCluskey          |
http://www.rahul.net/pcm |