[hypermail] random rewriting of old html

From: Tobias Weber <towb_at_gmx.net_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 21:44:53 +0100

Hi,
using identical copies of the (full) mbox, output dir and config file, hypermail 2.1.3 and .6 (debian packages) produce much different results.

I use overwrite = Off (see http://www.celvina.de/arktur/schan-developer.rc) and .3 only rewrites index files.

But .6 seems to randomly rewrite about half of the html files, even the earliest still created with 2.1.2 (which .3 left alone). Doing a diff showed minor changes to the html but no new links/content.

This is inconvinient as sitecopy now wants to upload 50MB, and I sit behind a slow link paying by the minute.

Can I at least be assured that the same file still contains the same message? There are a lot of links into the archive...

--
  Tobias Weber