Re: [hypermail] Serious message skipping problem with hypermail

From: Jose Kahan <jose.kahan_at_w3.org_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 00:33:21 +0200

On Thu, Jun 05, 2003 at 03:13:24PM -0500, kent landfield wrote:

> Yes. It is. The question is how long has this been a problem ? If its
> been there for a while then we probably need to address it. In looking at
> my local archives I see that my first archive where it starts with 0001
> occurred in April archives. (The total archive was rebuilt May 12 for
> the April list I am looking at.) That probably means the change was
> a recent one. All earlier archives have a 000.html start.

Kent,

In my mailing lists, I have the 0001 problem starting from March. This corresponds to the hypermail security release we did near the end of February, which is the time I updated our hypermail version. So my guess is that this bug is out in nature at least since the last hypermail release (end of February, beginning march).

I guess it hurts a bit to add an option to fix this problem to cover only 2, 3 months, but I don't see how else we could work around this problem. It only affects people who rebuild archives.

I'm working this week again on the WAI changes, cleaning my code. The public review of the WAI changes expires tomorrow and I expect to do the necessary markup modifications next week (whatever they are). If I have time, I want to add the WAI index proposal too, even if we don't use that option ourselves. But I'd feel happy if we say that the hypermail WAI enhancements is complete :) Then we can release the code with the 0001 bug fix (if I can convince you to add it :).

See you tomorrow!

-jose Received on Thu 05 Jun 2003 11:36:40 PM GMT