Re: 'No mails to output'?

From: Peter C. McCluskey <pcm_at_rahul.net_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 13:28:44 -0700 (PDT)

 cj_at_cehjohnson.uklinux.net (Charles Johnson) writes:
>charles_at_airemail:/home/smbs/common/hypermail/in$ hypermail -p -m Inbox
>-d ../out

> 0 messages.
>Writing messages to "../out/"...
>No mails to output!

>"No mails to output!" yet 'Inbox' is a sizeable mail file from
>Thunderbird. Am i doing something stupid with the above command?

 It's not obvious. Try reading:
http://www.hypermail-project.org/hypermail-faq.html#20  and make sure that your ~/.hmrc has:
warn_surpressions = 1

 If those don't provide useful information, then maybe your mail file isn't in Unix mbox format (I don't know much about what Thunderbird does with mail).

Peter McCluskey         | Everyone complains about the laws of physics, but no
www.bayesianinvestor.com| one does anything about them. - from Schild's Ladder