Re: Convert all mailboxes of a folder at once

From: Peter C. McCluskey <pcm_at_rahul.net_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 14:07:12 -0700 (PDT)

 I don't think there's a simple way to do what you want. You probably should use something like procmail to split it into multiple mailboxes, then use something such as perl or python to write a script to call hypermail with different -d and -l arguments.

 schulze84_at_gmx.de (Stefan S.) writes:
>Hi,
>
>is it possible to convert all mailboxes out of a folder into seperate
>folders (for the html-data) which are named after the mailboxnames with
>one task?
>
>For example:
>
>/var/spool/mail/ has the mailboxes mailbox1, mailbox2, mailbox3 in
>it to the folder /srv/www/htdocs/mailbox1 .../mailbox2 .../mailbox3
>
>--------------------------
>

>Second question ;-)
>
>I have a catchall mailbox so that I could use any emailadress I want
>without creating them first. Is it possible to convert such a mailbox
>into seperate folders for each recipient (The recipientname could be
>found in the email header in the "To: field"). Or do I have to use
>programs like procmail to split the mailbox into seperate mailboxes
>before? (What would lead to my first question because I would wish to
>convert the hole folder than, without looking unter which name the
>mailboxes are stored)

Peter McCluskey         | Victory means exit strategy, and it's important for
www.bayesianinvestor.com| the president to explain to us what the exit