Re: How to continue on this

From: Daniel Stenberg <Daniel.Stenberg_at_sth.frontec.se_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 13:36:51 +0200 (MET DST)

On Fri, 24 Apr 1998, Kent Landfield wrote:

> I was crazy enough to do it. ;) Actually it's an extension of what I was
> already doing (but in a near vacuum). In the past week I have:

[ huge list cut off ]

Yes, I agre you have done a great job by taking on this task. I know you've done a lot of work and that you will be forced to continue doing that to make all this work out nicely.

Still, one of my main concerns is that we should be able to help out. To distribute responsibility to enable parallell work and less focus on single persons.

> I can guarantee you that I will not be focused on redesigning it for a
> while. Sounds like you have some thoughts on it. Why don't you put
> together some ideas on rewriting it and bounce it off the list ? That will
> get us farther down the road while the submitted patches are being merged.

I'll be happy to do so. Gimme a few days and I'll get back on this subject. If we do this the right way, we should be able to re-use source and ideas from the current implementation, even if we re-organize and improve the inner workings. But I'll be back with more soon.

> On second thought, maybe you could take a look at the MIME support you
> supplied me and extend that to deal with attachment storage and known type
> conversion. That is sorely needed and would be a valuable extension. You
> already know what that piece of the code looks like since I simply merged
> your enhancements. :) (Thanks for those by the way.)

Ok, I accept that task too! :-)

             Daniel Stenberg - http://www.fts.frontec.se/~dast  ech`echo "xiun"|tr nu oc|sed 'sx\([sx]\)\([xoi]\)xo un\2\1 is xg'`ol Received on Sun 26 Apr 1998 01:42:39 PM GMT