Re: MAILCOMMAND

From: Kent Landfield <kent_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Mon, 4 May 1998 12:32:45 -0500 (CDT)

#
# Are people on this list using the MAILCOMMAND as a real command ?
#
# >From config.h:
# ** This is the mail command that email links go to, for instance
# ** "mailto:$TO" or "/cgi-bin/mail?to=$TO".
#
# Initially the "mail" cgi-bin program was written because MAILTO:
# was not supported in most browsers. Is anyone using the supplied
# mail program in their archives today ? Is anyone using the
# MAILCOMMAND for an alternate command that is not the supplied mail
# program ? Is this a relic of the past ? I personally have it
# set to "mailto:$TO" and have not used the mail program since the
# very early days.

Ok. I received NO responses to this so I'll try again. ;)

Is the MAILCOMMAND set to anything other than "mailto:$TO" in anyone's configuration today ?

--
Kent Landfield                        Phone: 1-817-545-2502
Email: kent_at_landfield.com             http://www.landfield.com/