Re: Need test data

From: Daniel Stenberg <Daniel.Stenberg_at_sth.frontec.se_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 08:25:51 +0200

David Kilzer (210334) wrote:

> 2. Mail clients that send TWO copies of the same message...one as
> text/plain and one as text/html.

[ cut ]

> The tricky part is knowing when this feature has been activated or
> deactived for a given message.

After having done some very quick research I'd say that isn't really a problem. What might be a relevant question though is whether the list archiver wants the HTML or the text version stored...

I'll quote a few lines from RFC 2046:

   Systems should recognize that the content of the various parts are    interchangeable. Systems should choose the "best" type based on the    local environment and references, in some cases even through user    interaction. As with "multipart/mixed", the order of body parts is    significant. In this case, the alternatives appear in an order of    increasing faithfulness to the original content.

Which in other words mean that:

--
          Daniel Stenberg  -  Software, Network and Unix
    GSM: +46 - 708 - 31 77 42   http://www.fts.frontec.se/~dast