Order of Options Processing

From: Paradise Cowgirl <minerva_at_phix.com_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 1998 15:07:30 -0700 (PDT)

Hello, all,

I'm wondering how other people feel about the current order of options processing? I really prefer it when my command line options are *it*, so to speak. When something doesn't work quite right, I don't really like having to 1) remember that I have a configuration file out there (since I've never used one before this release - okay, call me lazy ;-) and 2) figure out which option(s) in the configuration file (as there are quite a few!) are conflicting with my command line options.

What are the pros to the current order that I'm missing?

Cheers,
-Darci

--

information is not knowledge. knowledge is not wisdom. wisdom is not truth. truth is not beauty. beauty is not love. love is not music.
music is the best. -- FZ Received on Tue 09 Jun 1998 12:09:36 AM GMT