Re: Bug in 2.0b2

From: Zvi Har'El <rl_at_math.technion.ac.il_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 09:36:35 +0200 (IST)

On Fri, 11 Sep 1998, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> The applied patch removes the "\n" from the "\nFrom " check for mail
> separation. The patch hopefully works for b3 and b2.

The patch works fine, and I thank you for it. However, it is not enough for people who use stuff from the archive subdirectory (I haven't had a chance to use it): The file mbox2hypermail.c needs patching as well, since it again checks for a null line, as the comment in line 221 says:

I suggest to use the following patch:

                   fflush(msgfp);
                   fclose(msgfp);
--- 216,222 ----
               if (first == 1) {    /* First From in file ? */
                   first = 0;
               }
!              else {

                   fflush(msgfp);
                   fclose(msgfp);

I wish to stress the fact that I haven't had a chance to use the stuff in the archive subdirectory so I haven't really tested this patch, although it is trivial enough to see it does the work.

Best,

Zvi.

--
Dr. Zvi Har'El     mailto:rl_at_math.technion.ac.il     Department of Mathematics
+972-4-8294094(Phone)                Technion - Israel Institute of Technology