Re: Y2K

From: Kent Landfield <kent_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 1998 12:11:55 -0500 (CDT)

# Good morning,
#
# I hate to be a bother about this, but I got no response from my earlier post
# concerning the Y2K compatibility of Hypermail 2.0b3 or, since it will be out
# soon, 2.0b4
# If anyone has any idea, please let me know. Our client needs their mailing
# list archives back up, and if I cannot determine the suitability of
# upgrading Hypermail then we will have to consider an alternative such as
# MHonArc. Thanks for your time and consideration.
#
# Respectfully,
#
# Brian Graham
# Internet Systems Analyst, DSTI
# bgraham_at_dsti.com

You are free to use whatever you wish to support your client.

The answer to your question is:

At this point, I think it is but I have done no testing using 2000+ dates to verify it. I will put it on the list of things to do.

You could test this yourself by getting a test mailbox, editing all the dates to assure they are in the year 2000, 2001 and run the latest version of hypermail available to you. Then see what happens. Chances are it will work as it should.

If you decide to test it yourself, please report your finding here. If anyone has done this already and know the answer, please speak up.

--
Kent Landfield                        Phone: 1-817-545-2502
Email: kent_at_landfield.com             http://www.landfield.com/