Re: Options parseing and append vs. overwrite

From: Daniel Stenberg <Daniel.Stenberg_at_sth.frontec.se_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 08:48:34 +0100 (MET)

On Tue, 24 Nov 1998, Tom von Alten wrote:

> It seems to me that "append" vs. "overwrite" and "one article" (whether
> stdin or an mbox file) and "multiple articles" are connected, and they
> should not be.

I agree fully.

> I might want to append an archive with two messages, from an mbox file.

Oh yes.

> *Maybe* it's reasonable to connect "from stdin" to "only one message."

I don't think so. I think stdin is just another way to read from, it shouldn't imply how many mails there are.

> But "one => append && [more than one] => overwrite" ('=>' in the logical
> sense of "implies") does not seem appropriate.

I haven't really been aware of this sillyness before.

I'd like to keep all these options apart, independent from each other and with the following functionality: (please correct me, fill in details or just complain if I'm making a fool out of myself now)

--
   Daniel Stenberg    http://www.fts.frontec.se/~dast     0708-317742