Re: 2b9 ? (fwd)

From: Randall S. Winchester <rsw_at_Glue.umd.edu_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 10:13:33 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 30 Nov 1998, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

: On Mon, 30 Nov 1998, Jenni Baier wrote:
:
: > Here's a snip from stdio.h with the line that its complaining about:
:
: > #ifndef __STRICT_ANSI__
: > extern int dprintf __P ((int, __const char *, ...));
:
: That explains it.
:
: Ok, I'll rename that line of functions for beta 10. You can try to compile
: with the -pedantic flag or simply -D__STRICT_ANSI__ to attempt to avoid that
: particular warning.

I think it would be good to use a consistant format for "hypermail" functions to help avoid this in the future. The Apache web server just when through this change by prepending ap_ to its functions. I would consider maybe hy_dprintf() as a suitable rename.

This makes it very obvious which functions at hypermail specific, or possible hypermail wrappers for mostly generic functions.

Randall Received on Mon 30 Nov 1998 05:16:41 PM GMT