Re: 2b9 ? (fwd)

From: Byron C. Darrah <bdarr_at_sse.FU.HAC.COM_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 16:19:39 -0800 (PST)

> Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 12:36:24 +0100 (MET)
> From: Daniel Stenberg <Daniel.Stenberg_at_sth.frontec.se>
>

> I see my beta 9 version as a continuation of the previous beta 3, not as some
> kind of forked-off project, and the only reason you don't find it on
> landfield.com is that Kent hasn't been available for quite a while.
>
> I don't intend to hijack the project nor do I intend to run it my own way. I
> merely want to participate in making it better. I hope I'm not alone and that
> my efforts are appriciated. I trust you all will help me and the rest of the
> developers to guide us in the right direction.

Acknowledged. I think that is a good way to view it. Since b4 is overdue and we haven't heard from Kent for over a month (which is not to imply anything bad about Kent), I think we are quite fortunate to have you out there still fueling the progress.

I hope Kent is okay -- he kind of went silent unexpectedly. He has been a good project leader in this, but if a lot more time goes by without word from him, then it might be worthwhile to split off your version as a "production" release. We might want to discuss changing the name at that point, so as not to "hijack" the project, as you put it.

At this point, just to be safe, it might also make sense to have someone keep a copy of all the members of this list, just in case Kent's site goes down without warning. Then, the person with the copy could resurect the list somewhere else. Any volunteers?

--Byron Darrah Received on Tue 01 Dec 1998 02:23:32 AM GMT