Re: 2b11

From: Byron C. Darrah <bdarr_at_sse.FU.HAC.COM_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 08:51:53 -0800 (PST)

> Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 10:15:32 +0100 (MET)
> From: Daniel Stenberg <Daniel.Stenberg_at_sth.frontec.se>
> cc: hypermail_at_landfield.com
>
> On Tue, 1 Dec 1998, Byron C. Darrah wrote:
>
> > I don't have time to do much testing right now, but when compiling on my
> > SunOS 4.1.4 box, make produces:
> >
> > hypermail.c:224: `optind' undeclared (first use this function)
> >
> > A look through my system header files shows that getopt etc are not
> > defined there. Once that is fixed, it compiles okay.
>
> So what was the fix? I figure we need to do some configure check for this...

The fix is to declare optind somewhere that the compiler will see it when compiling hypermail.c. I just wanted to get the thing compiled with minimal effort, so all I did was stick the following line near the top of hypermail.c:

     extern int optind, opterr;

I copied that right out of the man page. You're right, there should be a configure check.

> > Then, when running one of the tests as prescribed in the README (copied
> > mboxes/t8 to "testmail"), I get a memory fault. Here's the output:
>
> I think (and hope) I know where the problem is and I'll offer another version
> really soon. A problem previously reported by Jenni Baier looks like being
> caused by the same bug.

Okay, great. Good luck. Here's the stack trace of the core dump:

  #0  0xef775e9c in s2algn ()
  #1  0xef777a28 in realloc ()
  #2  0x1182c in strreplace (present=0x0,
      replace=0xeffff75a "http://www.wildheart.org/archives/") at string.c:137
  #3 0x78d8 in main (argc=15, argv=0xeffff5cc) at hypermail.c:233

--Byron Darrah Received on Wed 02 Dec 1998 06:56:09 PM GMT