Re: 2.0b3 installation failuer

From: Ed Carp <erc_at_pobox.com_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 23:09:07 -0600

>I have not been able to finish the installation of Hypermail v2.0b3 on our Solaris 2.6 Sun Sparcstation. Everything is fine until
the final 'make install' which gives the following error:
>- - - - -
>> make install
>install -c -m 0755 hypermail /usr/local/bin
>install: The -c, -f, -n options each require a directory following!
>*** Error code 2
>make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `install'

Um, the obvious next step,instead of posting, would be to pull the manpage for "install" (hint: try "man install") to see what the correct syntax for the install command for Solaris would be, then going into the makefile and fixing it yourself.

Just a suggestion.

--
Ed Carp, N7EKG - erc_at_pobox.com - 9403672744_at_mobile.att.net for URGENT messages only!
Web: http://www.pobox.com/~erc