Compile error: Digital UNIX

From: Robert Benites <benites_at_cs.unca.edu_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 10:14:10 -0500 (EST)

I'm running Digital UNIX 4.0A and 4.0D with hypermail-20b3.

I am having the same compile error as was posted by Craig A Summerhill <craig_at_cni.org> on 23 October 1998. I didn't see a followup to Craig's question and so I thought I see if anyone had a solution to my compile error:

cd archive; make all CC="gcc" CFLAGS="-g -O2" gcc -g -O2 -DHYPERTEST -o htestmail msg2archive.c msg2archive.c:47: conflicting types for `time' /usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/alpha-dec-osf4.0a/2.8.1/include/time.h:124: previous declaration of `time' msg2archive.c: In function `main':
msg2archive.c:105: warning: passing arg 1 of `localtime' from incompatible pointer type
*** Exit 1

Stop.
*** Exit 1

Stop.

I had been using majordomo to do archiving, but in light of the fact that the documentation in the archive directory say *not* to allow majordomo to do archiving and the fact using the archive feature described in the 20b3 installation package to do archving appears to be a superior way of handling the archiving of a list, I'd like to find out how to get this compile to work.

Thanks -- Bob Benites Received on Tue 19 Jan 1999 05:18:30 PM GMT