RE: hypermail core dump - buffer overflow

From: Tom von Alten <Tom_vonAlten_at_boi.hp.com_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 16:36:59 -0700

On Monday, January 25, 1999 3:04 PM, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> I still wait for Kent's promised beta 4, as he stopped all my
> development well over a month ago now and still there is no sound
> from him.
>
> I don't mean to be rude, but if there ever is gonna be any hypermail 2
> development, isn't it time for some development? I may have to
> reconsider my previous statement about me not going to fork this
> project. If things don't change within the nearest months, I'm gonna
> take off in a direction where things actually move.
>
> Yes, all opinions in the matter are welcome!

I'd like to see the project go forward in an organized way (i.e. "no fork"), but I'm concerned about the lack of progress also. I've simply set aside all my activity on it, and it'll take some overhead to get back up to speed after several months of inaction.

The argument for waiting for Kent's 2.0b4 was that it was "imminent" and addressed many of the outstanding issues. If it doesn't actually show up, it doesn't matter how good it is!

Action is needed.

_____________ Hewlett-Packard Computer Peripherals Bristol Tom von Alten mailto:Tom_vonAlten_at_boi.hp.com Received on Tue 26 Jan 1999 01:54:30 AM GMT