Message index subj/auth/date TABLE support nearly done

From: <HyperMail_www_at_associate.com_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: 17 Mar 1999 19:52:47 -0500

Hi,

I have nearly completed adding a -T switch (also available via a new hm_indextable option in the hypermail.rc file) that provides display of the main index files with Subject/Author/Date listed in table format. I think this provides a VERY nice message index display.

One problem...for the life of me, I can't figure out how UPPERCASE defines like setup.h:#define USETABLE 0 work. Nowhere else in the code is an uppercase value for USETABLE referenced, and yet this works. When I try a similar tactic for INDEXTABLE, it won't work. I get a lot of: print.c: In function `printdates':
print.c:264: `indextable' undeclared (first use in this function)

Can someone educate me a bit? At this point, defining "indextable" hard-coded works, so with a little help, this contribution should be wrapped up. If someone would rather just take the code and finish this fix, that's fine by me too. (-:

Thanks!

glen_stewart_at_associate.com Received on Thu 18 Mar 1999 03:12:30 AM GMT