another parse.c error?

From: Craig A Summerhill <craig_at_cni.org_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 08:56:15 -0500 (EST)

Daniel might know about this. I thought I saw a note on the list about it. However, in my quick review of messages on the list for the last month it didn't show up... so better safe than sorry.

Last night, I was converting a backlog of archives that never got done when my hypermail 1.x stuff broke. In doing so, I discovered that a message which contains an RFC821 From: field formatted as thus:

   From: <user_at_host.domain>

causes hypermail2a16-pl0 to dump core.

Removing the angle brackets from around the e-mail address, as thus:

   From: user_at_host.domain

solves the problem. I suspect it is an error in parse.c, but I haven't spent the time looking for it yet...

--

   Craig A. Summerhill, Systems Coordinator and Program Officer
   Coalition for Networked Information