Re: -v ?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel.stenberg_at_autodiagnos.se_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 08:56:00 +0200

Craig A Summerhill wrote:

> Just a curiosity, but since you effectively did away with the options.h
> file, how does one compile with a global environment variable?

All the variables in the config file are set in this order:

  1. Internal defaults
  2. Environment variables
  3. Config file items
  4. Command line options

If you have one of the environment variables set, I think it is used although it may not be shown uncommented in the -v output (since it wasn't used in the actual config file).

Should I make it appear uncommented in such a case?

> On my binary (most recent I've installed is 2a16) the "hypermail -v"
> alone returns all variables as commented out. I assume this means
> there are no global environment variables compiled into my binary.

The environment variables aren't "compiled into" hypermail, they're read when hypermail is invoked.

 / Daniel Received on Tue 13 Apr 1999 09:07:54 AM GMT