Re: Could not update existing archives

From: Paul Haldane <Paul.Haldane_at_newcastle.ac.uk_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 10:38:04 +0100 (GMT)

Hypermail 2.0b3 is old. Please give the latest release (2.0a21) a try.

  http://www.fts.frontec.se/~dast/hypermail/

Try the new version and see if your problem is fixed.

I'm not clear if you're doing complete hypermail archive rebuilds from a mailbox (which works - really doesn't matter what was there before) or deleting stuff from the _hypermail_ generated archive and then adding new messages individual with hypermail (which I think is likely to confuse things). If you need to be able to remove stuff from the archive then I think you need to keep all the messages available in a mailbox archive and do a full hypermail run after deleting anything from the mailbox.

Paul