Re: hypermail-20b3

From: Paul Haldane <Paul.Haldane_at_newcastle.ac.uk_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 17:14:26 +0100 (GMT)

Two issues here

  1. I reckon that the mechanism you're using to feed messages into hypermail is resulting in the first line of each message being of the form

  >From estewart Fri Jul 30 10:05:56 1999

In multi-message mode hypermail looks for 'From ' at the start of a line as a separator between messages so that's not ideal. If you're working in single shot mode that it's less of an issue.

2. When printing the headers if showheaders is set then hypermail shows any messages included in the show_headers set _plus_ any headers that start with a non-alphanumeric character. The comment with this bit of code say sthis is to make sure the blank line between headers and body gets printed - if so I think it would be better for us to use an explicit test for that.

Paul