Re: Enhancement proposition: metadata for content-types

From: <HyperMail_www_at_associate.com_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: 1 Sep 1999 22:27:41 -0000

Hi,

Another solution would be to store the Content-type along with the attachment in Apache .asis format. The .asis format is really kinda nice - I've been playing with animated PNG files by cat'ing several PNG "frames" into a single .asis file with appropriate Content-type between each frame. A person can even combine multiple attachments into a single file this way.

> One of the problems with the MIME attachments is how to make the
> web server send back their content type.

> One solution could be to add a file extension, but that extension is
> server dependent.

> Another solution is to use meta-data to store the Content-Type header
> associated with each MIME attachment.

Glen_Stewart_at_associate.com Received on Thu 02 Sep 1999 12:16:32 AM GMT