Re: Status

From: Daniel Stenberg <Daniel.Stenberg_at_frontec.se_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 08:26:12 +0200 (MET DST)

On Fri, 8 Oct 1999, Kent Landfield wrote:

> - docs/attachments.txt : Determine if this is needed. If so update. If

>                             not remove after assuring the updated information
>                             is incorporated into the appropriate documentation.

I think it is a good document, even though it should get updated to reflect the latest implementation. It is not 100% correct.

> - There appears to be a little clutter in the directory that
> is unneeded/unwanted. They should be removed from the distribution > baseline. maketgz ?? src/Formatting ?? others ??

# ls src/Formatting
src/Formatting: No such file or directory.

I don't have that in the release-archives, that must be in the CVS-only.

'maketgz' is the shell script I use to build releases. It uses the FILES file to determine what files to include and it correctly names the directory and the VERSION in patchlevel.h to the version number that is given to it when it prompts the user. I think it should be left in there to enable us to make releases easier. Anyone can make a release and it will look identical, no matter who runs the script.

--
 Daniel Stenberg -- http://www.fts.frontec.se/~dast/
 You'll find my hypermail pages at http://www.fts.frontec.se/~dast/hypermail