RE: Hypermail runs with cygwin on Win9x!

From: Crispen, Bob <Robert.Crispen_at_HSV.Boeing.com_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 07:59:27 -0500

Now boys and girls, let's not see any more of those sad faces. Let's see *happy* faces. Come on, you can do it....

Actually the fault was mine for messing up the way I said to make the link in my first message. Evidently the test things I was doing hadn't used /bin/sh.

If the soft link isn't working, the best thing to do is to use bash to go to /bin:

        cd /bin

delete everything in that directory (there should only be one or two things there):

        rm *

and then go to explorer and instead of making a link to sh.exe in the Cygwin folder, just copy the sucker over to wherever you've got /bin.

The only reason I was fooling around with making links in the first place was to conserve disk space.

You're 99% there.

I'll go back and check over the instructions just to be sure I hadn't typed anything in there that assumed too much Unix shell experience.

Bob Crispen
bob.crispen_at_boeing.com Received on Mon 18 Oct 1999 02:59:20 PM GMT