Re: How's it coming ?

From: Kent Landfield <kent_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 14:40:17 -0500 (CDT)

Tony,

# | I wanted to know what others still have outstanding that we need to
# | wait on before a release ? Does anyone know about the issues below
# | or other issues we should address before the release of 2.0 ???
#
# Ermmm ... don't want to spoil the party, but how about the src/mail.c
# code? As I wrote earlier, the code you suggested, Kent, failed at line
# 145 and attempts on my part to rectify things only resulted in more
# complaints further up.
#
# As to configure, it still can't figure out a couple of aspects on our
# SCO OS 5.0.x system. As I said, I'm willing to participate in any
# (small) way I can to help resolve this, if that's what you want; I've
# compiled a couple of other things with egcs since (i.a. ncurses 4.2 and
# the ncftp 3.0beta21 suite) - no change to configure, no warnings, just
# straight compiles.

When you don't have a clue about the OS because you don't have a copy, and it's been 5 years since you have, go to the source... ;)

I asked SCO for help and they responded quite quickly. The Open Source Program Architect for SCO is helping get configure corrected on UnixWare 7 and SCO OpenServer 5. Things are looking better as I type. :) I expect hypermail will be working on SCO out-of-the-box very shortly. ;)

--
Kent Landfield                        Phone: 1-817-545-2502
Email: kent_at_landfield.com             http://www.landfield.com/