Re: Build bugs caused by strdup() definition

From: Kent Landfield <kent_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 12:15:06 -0600 (CST)

Bjarni,

# I can also make the problem go away by removing the strdup definitions from
# getname.c and mail.c. On my system this doesn't create any new warnings or
# cause any grief at all... because strdup is defined in <string.h>, which is
# included both by hypermail.h and mail.h.

Good catch! This does seem to be the problem. I took out the definitions here and put back the default optimizer flags and it worked just fine here on Solaris, FreeBSD, linux and Windows. I'll update the baseline. Thanks!!

--
Kent Landfield                        Phone: 1-817-545-2502
Email: kent_at_landfield.com             http://www.landfield.com/