mail command and msgid link (bug?)

From: <jose.kahan_at_w3.org_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 21:38:27 +0100 (MET)

Hello,

I noticed that when you activate the mailcommand, a link appears not only in the mailing list and sender's name, but also in the msgid header. If you click on the latter, you'll send a nice mail to mr msgid_at_somewhere.

Is this intentional? If it's a bug, tell me so and I can fix it.

An open question... do many people use this mailcommand as a mailto? Any ideas on its incovenients (perhaps spam) or on reasons why not to use it? I can see the advantages of using it, but I still hesitate a bit.

Thanks for your feedback,

-Jose (who is also preparing for the big switcheroo to hypermail 2.x before the y2k crashes his hypermail 1.x mailing list archives). Received on Wed 15 Dec 1999 10:39:59 PM GMT