[hypermail] Installing problems

From: Michael Klötzing <mkloetz0_at_Smail.Uni-Koeln.de_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 14:51:18 +0100

Hi , first of all excuse my poor english, I am german and not used to speak english. My problem: after running ./configure the INSTALL file says

    If you wish to test the new hypermail before installing it

    This will generate an archive under a newly created "testdir/"     directory. Check it out with your favorite browser. I am working on a intel-pc with suse linux 8.1.I need hypermail just for local use to sort my mailinglists. My mailprgramm is KMail and it works fine.But I cannot copy a mailbox, for example /home/mk/Mail/ suesmailinglist/cur, to the file testmail.To my opinion its not possible to copy a directory into a file and thats what my system tells me also.I can only create a directory called testmail, and when I say "sh ./testhm" it says file or directory not found.I am sure its a silly mistake i make but I cannnot find it on my own.So I hope for some help. tia
Michael Klötzing Received on Tue 28 Jan 2003 05:14:30 PM GMT