2b12

From: Ashley M. Kirchner <ashley_at_pcraft.com_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 11:18:42 -0700 (MST)

        I just installed 2b12 and started running through some of my archived mailboxes and I encountered one where it blows up with a segmentation fault. I had a previous version of hypermail which ran fine without problems, for some reason in b12 it blows up now.

        I ran it through the 'strace' utility and it seems to be blowing up at the same exact spot everytime. I don't know if anyone cares to see my strace output, but I figured if you need to find out why it's blowing up, you may need that info.

        So, for you developers out there, send me a message direct (not through the list) and I'll send you a copy of the mailbox together with what strace is telling me so you can figure out what's going on.

        Unless someone else has a better suggestion as to what I should run against hypermail to get more information - strace is the only thing I know to run to see what's happening.

        AMK4

| Row, row, row your bits, gently down the pipe...

  Ashley M. Kirchner <ashley_at_pcraft.com>          .   303.442.6410 x130
  SysAdmin / Websmith                           .     800.441.3873 x130
  Photo Craft Laboratories, Inc.             .        3550 Arapahoe Ave
  http://www.pcraft.com                  .            Boulder, CO 80303