RE: base64 decoding bug

From: Crispen, Bob <Robert.Crispen_at_HSV.Boeing.com_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 07:44:23 -0500

Daniel Stenberg[SMTP:Daniel.Stenberg_at_haxx.nu] sez:

> I think the nicest possible solution to this problem would be to add all
> the
> detected base64-lines to a linked list, and when the end of the section is
> found we write a function that extends the current base64decoder and
> decodes
> all the lines in the list as one big base64-chunk.
>
> I am willing to do this change, unless anyone else wants to or have a
> better
> idea of how to correct this.

Why not good old recursion. Perhaps I misunderstand the problem, but take a look at http://home.hiwaay.net/~crispen/#foxynews download the program, and look in newslib.c. I believe what I've got there might solve the problem. At any rate, I haven't observer it to fail on unicode/quoted printable/etc. multi-line subject lines in my newsreader.

Please feel free to use what you want.

Bob Crispen
bob.crispen_at_boeing.com Received on Tue 30 May 2000 02:46:02 PM GMT